A patient's biggest worry with dentures is not being able to eat foods that they love. But the truth is, they can go back to eating nuts, corn on the cob, steak, and ribs a month after their dentures have fully adjusted. But in the first 3-4 weeks, it is recommended that patients eat soft…
What Happens After Invisalign Treatment Is Completed?Wearing your retainers is the most important Invisalign aftercare tip for maintaining your new smile. Invisalign are orthodontic appliances made from clear plastic used to straighten teeth, fix crowding and spacing issues, as well as treat bite problems. Although Invisalign is used to treat misaligned teeth, it is possible for your teeth to shift back to their original positions if you don’t wear retainers after you’ve done your Invisalign treatment.
7 Tips for A Healthy Smile After InvisalignBelow are seven helpful tips in maintaining your new smile after Invisalign treatment.
1. Wear a RetainerAfter completing your Invisalign treatment, you must wear a retainer to keep your smile intact. Retainers are customized orthodontic appliances that retain teeth in place after orthodontic treatment. They are often made of wires or clear plastic. The teeth will shift back to their original position if you don’t use your retainer after getting Invisalign aligners.
2. Brush and Floss RegularlyTo keep your aligners clean and stop oral health issues, continue your regular brushing and flossing routine throughout your treatment. Additionally, we advise brushing your teeth as soon as possible after each meal to remove food particles and keep them from getting on your aligners.
3. Clean Your Mouth ThoroughlyYou must practice proper oral hygiene by brushing your teeth daily and thoroughly. Make sure to remove any food debris that might be stuck between your teeth. You can also rinse your mouth using a mouthwash or clean water to ensure that your entire mouth is clean.
4. Avoid Troublesome FoodsIt is advised to stay away from chewy, crunchy, sticky, and hard foods when undergoing Invisalign treatment. This is because some of it may remain on your teeth even after cleaning them. A few examples of hard and sticky foods are caramel, jawbreakers, chewing gum, licorice, jelly beans, popcorn, almonds, and hard sweets.
5. Clean Your RetainerThe easiest technique to guarantee clean retainers is to soak them in either denture cleaner or Invisalign cleaning crystals on a daily basis. On the other hand, the cheapest method for keeping clear retainers is to clean them with a toothbrush and wash them with clear liquid soap. You can also use white vinegar as it also removes plaque and bacteria as well as deodorizes your retainers. Further read about What to expect in the First Week of Invisalign Treatment.
6. Visit your Doctor RegularlyAdult Invisalign patients should typically schedule at least one dental appointment every six weeks. Your dentist will check that your aligners are working effectively during each of your appointments.
7. Keep an Eye on Your TeethBy the middle of your Invisalign treatment, you should start to see some noticeable changes in your smile. You should discuss this with your dentist or orthodontist if you don’t see any changes. Your Invisalign treatment may be lagging for a variety of reasons.
What Happens Once Invisalign Treatment Is Done?Each aligner applies pressure in the proper place to shift the tooth. It has a tiny gap for the tooth to shift into. Your teeth should appear properly aligned after completing your Invisalign treatment. There shouldn’t be any crowding between your teeth, and the gaps should be small. When you smile, you should see straight teeth.
What else to know about Invisalign besides tipsInvisalign treatment involves the use of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. These aligners are not suitable for everyone, require a certain level of discipline, and can cause some discomfort. Treatment time and Invisalign price can vary, and good oral hygiene is crucial for success.
Dr. Rohan Toor at Rohan Toor Dental Care has over 5 years of experience in Invisalign treatment since 2017. Dr. Rohan Toor will help you maintain your new smile by giving you Invisalign aftercare instructions.